Tuesday, 19 March 2013

L'Oreal Shine Caresse Lip Colour!

Photo courtesy of beautydirectory.com.au

L'Oreal Shine Caresse Lip Colours have finally reached us here in Australia. After all the hype on this product, I decided I better try it out ASAP! They have been compared to the YSL Glossy Stains, and I must admit they are a pretty good dupe. I got one in my most recent Priceline haul on sale for $16.76 (RRP $23.95), and I have not been disappointed.

The Shine Caresse range consists of 8 shades including reds, purples, and pinks. I bought shade 102 Romy - a semi sheer rose pink. It is quite similar to 103 Marilyn which is a touch more cool-toned.

The Shine Caresse have the shine of a lip gloss and the longevity of a lip stain. I found it to be amazingly lightweight, and never sticky - even after a few hours. I wouldn't say they are overly moisturising (they are in comparison to a lip stain), but my lips were 'comfortable'.

I have read in some reviews that some people find that they apply unevenly. Personally, I didn't have this problem, although I can see how that problem might occur. As with all lipsticks/gloss/stains, make sure your lips are well conditioned before applying!




I was a little confused by the applicator at first, but I absolutely love it now, although I'm not sure if the hole in the middle does much. The extra big sponge fits the contour of my lips perfectly - just one swipe top and bottom and I'm done! In terms of packaging, I kept getting mixed up thinking the tapered end contained the applicator but it's the other way round!



Shine Caresse 102 Romy



Overall, I am very pleased with this product! I think it's one of the drugstore best lip gloss/stains on offer at the moment. I will definitely be going back for more colours!


What are your impressions?



Don't forget to vote for what you want to see next on the blog! You can find the poll in the sidebar :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comments - I do take the time to read every one, and it's much appreciated!

No follow for follows - these will be deleted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...