Saturday, 9 March 2013

OPI Oz the Great and Powerful Collection - Part 1!


Finally the review is here! OPI has released a new special line of polishes based on the new movie 'Oz the Great and Powerful'. I bought the mini collection of the line last week, and I've been really looking forward to trying them. The line features three neutral/pink colours, three glitter polishes, and one of OPI's new liquid sand polish. The mini collection features four nail polishes from the line:


  • I Theodora You (sheer pink)
  • Don't Burst My Bubble (neutral/pink)
  • Glints of Glinda (beige)
  • What Wizardry is This? (gold/taupe liquid sand)
For part 1 of my review, I've reviewed Glints of Glinda and What Wizardry is This.



1. Glints of Glinda




On first inspection, Glints of Glinda looked like my perfect shade! I love a good neutral nail colour for everyday wear. Glints of Glinda is a slightly yellow-based beige colour, perfect for those wanting a natural look.



I have to admit I was slightly disappointed with the application of this colour. I wasn't expecting the colour to be so sheer! The picture above shows my nails with two coats, and it pretty much looks like clear nail polish with a slight tint of beige. I'd definitely use at least 3 coats next time to build up the colour. It's a standard OPI formula, so it goes on well and dries fairly quickly. 

I think there are better neutral/beige polishes in the OPI range than Glints of Glinda. This polish is good for someone looking for a more sheer colour.



2. What Wizardry is This?



What Wizardry is This is the fifth instalment in OPI's liquid sand range. It's a rich taupe/gold colour, though I can definitely see an olive undertone to it, and is flecked with fine glitter (nothing too over the top).



 I'd never tried liquid sand before, I must admit I was a bit worried that it would be too rough and end up catching on things. Although it is gritty, it's very fine so it didn't catch on anything. It has a great opacity - two coats was all I needed. OPI does say that a top coat shouldn't be used with this type of polish due to the fact that it is meant to be a textured matte finish. I have to say I would agree here - the textured finish is the best part (it feels amazing)! Despite textured/glitter polishes being notoriously difficult to remove, this liquid sand removed quite easily with cotton wool and nail polish remover.

I love this polish! I never want to take it off. It's definitely the stand out in the mini collection so far. I would recommend this polish for anyone who likes taupe/gold colours and wants to take it to the next level.



Part 2 of this review (I Theodora You, and Don't Burst My Bubble) is coming tomorrow night! Make sure you are following the blog to keep in touch!


What do you think of the range? Have you seen the movie yet? Let me know in the comments!



Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. The What Wizardry is This looks amazing!! I've never tried liquid sand either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one to try! The texture is just amazing

      Delete
  2. Oooh I need What Wizardry is this! Looking forward to the rest of the review and swatches xx
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been delayed on trying the other two shades because I love the liquid sand so much! I definitely should've done that one last! Coming soon I promise!

      Delete
  3. Love What Wizardry is This! I fell in love with the Liquid Sands when GlossyBox gave us one in January. I've got to grab this collection!
    www.subscriptionboxtalk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to out and get the other liquid sands asap! Which one did you get?
      Definitely recommend this mini collection!

      Delete
  4. Definitely going to buy this, I love my nudes, and What Wizardry Is This looks stunning!
    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comments - I do take the time to read every one, and it's much appreciated!

No follow for follows - these will be deleted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...