Sunday, 19 May 2013

My Signature Scents


I've never been overly adventurous with fragrances - once I moved past the teenage phase of celebrity scents, I found a perfume I loved and stuck with it. I was always liked to hear the compliment: 'you smell like you!' Recently, I've grown more confident and added a 'stronger' perfume that I can wear on special occasions and nights out. I still feel a bit weird when I put it on, because I'm so used to wearing the other!


Flora by Gucci - daytime/everyday ($90 30ml)



Flora by Gucci is a lovely floral scent with hints of citrus to spice things up. I like to use the Eau de Toilette because it's a bit less intense than the Parfum. The Flora range now features a few different variants including the Eau Fraiche, Garden Tuberose, Garden Gardenia, and Garden Magnolia. These are part of the Gucci Garden Collection based on the three flowers 'of the Flora pattern'. I haven't tried these, mostly because I love the original so much.
Flora by Gucci is perfect for those who favour flora scents!



Miracle by Lancome - special occasions/evening ($130 50ml)



I was originally given this as a sample from a friend who went crazy in a Duty Free somewhere, and I absolutely loved it. I would describe this as 'flora with hints of spice'. Lancome describes it as "bursting with the zest of brilliant Freesia, peppered with Ginger and serenely balanced by warm Amber notes." It's a bit stronger than the Gucci - both the scent and the fact that it's an EDP, so I feel more comfortable wearing it at night - it would feel a bit too much to wear everyday. 
This is perfect for those who like a bit more of spiced scent coming through the floral.


Let me know what your signature scents are! Or are you a 'scent to match the mood' person?


Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin | SheSaidBeauty

9 comments:

  1. haven't really dabbled in perfume, just what is given to me from pressies. needless to say i was given a popular old lady or middle aged lady's perfume...haven't really used that one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does it smell like rose? :P Perfume is a risky gift.. I got given basically every Britney Spears perfume in existence. WHY!

      Delete
  2. I found you on the blogger bunch! I followed you through GFC and hope you will check out my blog, nice blog!

    abbeylovesbeauty1.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been the same with perfumes, you some people own like 10 different bottles, but im similar to you, i swear i only have like one bottle going at once and then i only buy a new one when that one runs out, and usually just play it safe and end up buying the same one again. How boring am i! Found you through the #bbunch, i've followed you also.

    Please check out my blog and let me know what you think :)

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    Just found your blog on blog hop!

    One of my fave perfumes if flora by Gucci too, always one I go back to!

    makeup-bykerry.blogspot.com

    Kerry xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Flora it is one of my favorite ! Great post!
    Just followed you through bloglovin and found you through the blog hop on lipgloss and lashes!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flora by Gucci is one of the best perfume's i've smelled. I dont own it but I was given a little 2/3ml sample from Myer when I purchased another perfume and fell in love with it. I've been trying to finish off my other perfumes before I go ahead and purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. im definitely a scents for different occasions.
    great post.

    I found you through the #bloggersbunch blog hop.
    International 750 Follower giveaway

    xoXo
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Post just followed!! found you through #bloggersbunch blog hop!

    www.elywrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comments - I do take the time to read every one, and it's much appreciated!

No follow for follows - these will be deleted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...