Thursday, 13 June 2013

Get Ready With Me - Graduation


After 8 months of waiting and 4 year of hard work, I've finally graduated! Since I put quite a bit of effort (2.5 hours anyone?) into getting ready I thought I'd do a little post taking you each step of the way.

Makeup


I started out by prepping my skin with my trusty Cetaphil Moisturising Cream and followed with some Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer. 
Revlon Colourstay foundation normal/dry formulation in 150 Buff for the base
Essence Clear Brow Gel to tame brows
MAC Eyeshadow in Brule as eyeshadow base
MAC Eyeshadow in Woodwinked as an outer-corner shade
Essence Eyeshadow in Cappuccino Please over the entire lid
Rimmel Dark Brown Eyeshadow from 002 Smokey Brun palette (not pictured) as definition
Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Liner  - thin line with a slight flick
Covergirl Clump Crush Mascara  - as much as possible!
Clinique Airbrush Concealer in 04 Natural Fair for under eye concealer
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW20 for extra cover of redness and blemishes
NARS Douceur blush on the cheeks
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent down the centre of the face
Skindinavia Makeup Setting Spray all over the face to reduce powderiness
Clinique Chubby Stick in Mighty Mimosa (not pictured) on the lips



The finished makeup look minus the lips!

I also used my Lancome Miracle perfume - my signature 'special occasion' perfume.


Hair 

I started by straightening my hair just to smooth it down with my GHD straightener. I then put my hair in a low ponytail over to the right side of my head. I used a Remington Curling Wand to curl the ends, and repeated to the left. Once I took out my hair, I sprayed quite a bit of V05 Styling Hairspray (I couldn't find my nice spray!) to secure the curls. 

Outfit

My lovely dress was from Aussie designers Bec & Bridge (see it here!). Unfortunately, there isn't a photo of me where you can see the dress properly. It was a seriously cold 17 degrees (it got down to about 12 in the evening) so I teamed the dress with some glossy flesh-coloured stockings. I often hear horror stories about girls tripping over their shoes on stage, so I played it safe with some nude shoes with a small wedge heel.

Final Result

It was an amazing night especially catching up with lots of uni friends and I came away with two degrees, but I'm seriously glad study is over! Unless I decide to go back...







If you've done a similar post please share! Oh for those who were wondering I completed a double degree and graduated with a B.Mus/BA (Psychology).


P.S. - Don't forget to follow on Bloglovin, GFC is shutting down July 1 :)


Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin | SheSaidBeauty

6 comments:

  1. awesome! my prep was whack on a dress & tights & shoes... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look! Love what you did with the eye! Congrats on graduating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your graduation! You look very lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on graduating! Your hair looks great!

    emsypickle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your lovely comments - I do take the time to read every one, and it's much appreciated!

No follow for follows - these will be deleted.

Maddi xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...